Tuesday, June 7, 2016

JRN 200: Your Tuesday 6/7 Homework

Everyone should have their Reporting For The Media, 11th Edition textbook by now. If not, contact me ASAP.

For your Tuesday homework, please read Chapter 9 (p. 181-209) and Ch. 17 (p. 348-364) by Wednesday afternoon. Also, keep reviewing the AP Stylebook, Chapters Q through Z, and have that wrapped up by Thursday morning.


Also, please review the latest blog postings, most of which follow up on our FINAL LEDES exercise, and one of which reviews the Chapter 10 reading in RFTM. If you have any questions or concerns, please call or email or stop in to see me ASAP.


Plus, some of you have missed an assignment or two sofar. I want to address this before it gets out of hand. 


I know everyone misses an assignment now and then, but there is no quicker way to harm your grade in this class than to not turn in work. Zero-point assignments create a hole that is hard to dig out of. I strongly urge you to make sure you turn in ALL assignments from here on out.


Additionally, with this class being online-only, if you fall behind it will be harder for you to catch up, given the lack of face-to-face interaction of this format. You are at risk of falling dangerously behind on skills that will be central to your ability to do everything else we're going to learn this summer.


So, I need you to have perfect assignment completion from here on out.


Please contact me at your earliest convenience if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm here to help you, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment